Photo by Mark Sebastian, CC 2.0
The online video revolution grows stronger by the day. Just how powerful is video in today’s media landscape? Here are 7 stats about video that will blow your mind!
1. Experts believe that by 2018, video will take up 79% of all internet traffic (HighQ).
You read that right. The internet is becoming a video platform first and foremost, everything else is just a vehicle to access video content.
2. Video ad spend is projected to reach $16 billion in 2016 and rise to $23 billion in 2017 (ExchangeWire).
Businesses and advertisers are paying attention – video is the way to capture audiences and spread your message. That’s because…
3. Our brain processes visuals 60,000 times faster than text (Boston.com).
Remember when print ads used to be walls of text? Probably not, but back in the day everyone relied on words in advertisements. Now, images and videos reign supreme.
4. 82% of B2B marketers reported success with their video marketing initiatives (Vidyard).
This shouldn’t be a surprise given the previous two stats. With so many distribution channels available, it’s becoming easier and easier to create successful video campaigns.
5. Using the word “video” in email subject lines boosts open rates by 19%, click-through rates by 65%, and reduces unsubscribes by 26% (BrainShark).
For all you email marketers out there, keep pushing the video content – it gets results!
6. Viewers give up on a video if it doesn’t load in 2 seconds (CNN).
2 seconds. That’s all it takes before you lose someone, so pick your hosting service carefully.
7. 300+ hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute (ReelSEO).
That’s 432,000+ hours of video posted per day! That alone would take nearly 50 years to get through so you better start watching!